Who can connect?
VANIX welcomes all participants! You should, however, have a public Autonomous System Number and have IP space to advertise – IPv4 and/or IPv6.
How do we request a connection?
A connection may be requested by contacting us through our online form here:
With this request please include some additional detail so we can better help you:
- The location of your equipment
- The service speed and media type
- Your Autonomous System Number
- The MAC address of your Layer 3 equipment
- The link to your PeeringDB network record
- Broadcast traffic must not be sent to VANIX except as required for normal operations
- IPv6 Router Solicitation or Advertisement packets must be disabled
- Layer 2 control protocols such as Spanning Tree, CDP, UDLD, EDP, VTP, DTP, LLDP must be disabled
- Interior routing protocols such as OSPF, ISIS, IGRP, and EIGRP must not operate over the exchange VLAN
- PIM traffic must not be sent to the exchange
- Participants must use BGP4 to exchange routing information
- Participants may not point a default route towards another exchange member without their express consent
- Members should use a Layer 3 port where possible, Layer 2 ports may only advertise a single MAC address
For configuration guidelines also see: https://ams-ix.net/technical/specifications-descriptions/config-guide